top of page


Work Permit:


Do you want to work in Canada?

You must have a work permit (WP) in order to work in Canada.


There are so many different types of work permits. Here is a simple classification for a work permit.


There are many different kinds of open work permits:

  • Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) for international student who graduated from a DLI;

  • Open Work Permit for a spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student;

  • Open Work Permits for a dependent family member of someone who applied for permanent residence;

  • Temporary Work Permit for Spouses or Common-law Partners (Sponsorship);

  • Temporary Resident Permit for TRP holders;

  • World Youth Program Permit;

  • Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program Spousal Permit;

  • Birding Open Work Permit;

  • Vulnerable Workers Open Work Permit;

  • Open Work Permit for someone who is under an unenforceable removal order;

  • Refugee, refugee claimant, protected person or their family member Open Work Permit


As well, Canada offers diverse visa or immigration programs that you can apply for a open work permit if you are eligible. The programs are the following:

  • Working Holiday Visa;

  • International Experience Canada;

  • Young Professionals Visa;

  • Federal Skilled Worker Program;

  • Federal Skilled Trades Program;

  • Canadian Experience Class;

  • Provincial Nominee Program;


What kind of a work permit you can apply for depends on what type of work you will do and what situation you are in Canada. If you want to find out more information, please contact us at (416) 803 8829 or

bottom of page