top of page
Students on a Break


Study Permit:

Do you need a study permit in order to study in Canada? Unless your study is less than 6 months, you need to apply for a permit to study in Canada.

In most cases you should apply before you come to Canada. Only some students who are already in Canada may apply for a study permit from within Canada.

​The first thing you must have for a study permit application is to receive a letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada. Please remember not all schools can issue the letter.  Only DLI can issue an authorized letter of acceptance. You can apply for it as soon as you get it from DLI.

Please visit to the following site to find out whether or not your school is DLI:

If you have any question related to a study permit, please contact us at (416) 803 8829 or

bottom of page